Did you know that an at home abs workoutis just as effective as exercising at the gym? Forget about throwing on your signature gym clothes and driving through traffic. You can get a pretty decent six pack abs workout without even leaving your house.
Think about it. Sure, you can sign up for gym membership or spend a wad of cash on the coolest exercise equipment. But even those things can’t guarantee you ripped abs.
You need to possess two important things before you even think about spending on anything else.
1. Knowledge. Information on abdominal muscles training is virtually ALL AROUND YOU. Make time and start researching on how you can successfully carry out an at home abs workout without having to spend a dime. Continuous learning will only get you to your goal faster.
2. Dedication. This would most certainly have to come from you. You must stick to your six pack abs workout and follow through to the end. Without dedication, you might as well say goodbye to those rock solid abs.
To get you started, assign an exercise area in your living room, bedroom, or basement. This will greatly help you in maintaining your workout routine. Every time you enter that space, you will feel instantly motivated.
The only two things that I consider as good investments for an at home abs workout are the yoga mat and exercise ball. They are hardly expensive and you can use them for other kinds of muscle-targeting exercises as well.
You can start off your routine by working out every other day, doing at least 3 abdominal exercises. It’s important that you do not strain your muscles, so having a whole day’s rest in between would do you a lot of good.
Begin your six pack abs workout with these three simple exercises:
- Bicycles. For this exercise, you need to lie flat on your yoga mat. Place your hands next to your head with palms facing upward. Alternately bend your knees and begin a cycling motion. While doing so, try to touch your right elbow to your left knee as it comes up, then again with the other side.
- Ball Crunches. To continue with your at home abs workout, take your exercise ball and sit on it. Slowly lean back and allow the ball to roll under you. Stop when the arch of your back is resting comfortably on the ball. With both feet flat on the floor, perform regular crunches. Always remember to keep those abdominal muscles tight.
- Full Body Crunches. With this exercise, I’ll need you to lie back down on the floor. Place your hands over your chest and bend your knees so that your feet are flat on the ground. Lift your shoulders off the floor a few inches as you pull in your knees at the same time. Hold it right there for as long as you can and then slowly go back to your original position.
Remember to start slow and finish hard. I know you’re EAGER to get those six pack abs. But gradually increasing your reps as well as the intensity of each exercise is the best and SAFEST way to carry out your at home abs workout.