If you want to get six pack abs, you will need to address three very important aspects of your life – your diet, the amount of time and effort you put into your exercise regimen (which means you need to START one if you haven’t already), and your over-all lifestyle.
Here’s a list of top 10 things you can do to improve on your daily habits. You can start with whichever one you like, but it’s important that you incorporate ALL of them into your fitness program.
1. Low-fat diet. Eating meals with minimal fat content is probably one of the most effective ways to get six pack abs. Let me make myself clear – fat isn’t the enemy. It’s the ridiculously big amounts and unhealthy types of fat you eat that are keeping you from the body you deserve.
2. High-protein meals after workouts. After hitting the tracks or doing multiple sets of abdominal resistance training, your muscles actually begin to crave for nourishment. Eating a healthy meal infused with a good portion of protein right after you work out will do great things for your muscles.
3. Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water; doctors and nutrition experts can’t stress that enough.
4. Reduce alcohol intake. Frequent consumption of alcoholic beverages in large amounts can only set you back. If you want to get and maintain no nonsense 6 pack abs, try to avoid alcohol at all cost. It’s like drinking sugar but worst since it has almost TWICE the calories…OUCH!
5. Reduce but do not eliminate carbs. I’m talking about refined carbs and starchy foods here. Get your fiber and carbs from whole grains and vegetables instead.
6. Say NO to junk food. Even those that claim to have vitamins and minerals aren’t really sufficient sources of nutrition anyway, so why even bother? Opt for fresh vegetable sticks, nuts, and berries when you snack – they’re tasty, healthy, and quite filling.
7. Keep active. Select a favorite physical activity, like running or swimming, and do it 3-4 times a week. That will keep the rest of your body in shape while you get six pack abs.
8. Do other forms of cardio and aerobic exercises. Complete body workouts, such as boxing, yoga, martial arts, and dance, will get your blood pumping and muscles taut.
9. Targeted abs exercises. This is the icing on the cake. Doing total body exercises and ab-specific workouts interchangeably will tone that midsection at a much faster rate. Perform curl-ups, sit-ups, and leg-raises every other day, in between your cardio workouts, and you’ll see results in just weeks.
10. Get enough sleep. After busting your behind on tedious exercises and every-day activities, your body will need to recharge for the next day. Adults are required to get around 7 to 8 hours of sleep. If you get any less, you might not be able to perform physical and mental tasks well, so make sure you get ample rest each night.
In summary, these 10 fundamental steps will certainly help you improve the way you eat, increase physical activity, and live healthier in general. As a result of your hard work and determination, you will get six pack abs in no time.