If you are looking for one of the most intense workouts for your quads, doing the burpee would be hands down. The burpee is often seen in military or football trainings because aside from developing your quadriceps, they can also serve as a total body workout, combining strength training and aerobics.
If you have done burpee in the past, you may have felt your legs sore but without you probably knowing it, you have just received a complete body package training—starting with your upper body from your forearms, shoulders, chest, abs, middle back and triceps all the way down your lower body comprising your lower back, glutes, hip flexors, calves and hamstrings. It will not even take a professional to realize how burpee can contribute to your fat burning goals with such a wide range of motion and powerful intensity required.
With this maximum workout for your entire body, you would think that burpee requires additional equipment or needs to be performed in particular venues. Well, fortunately for everyone who want to gain benefits from this exercise, this is never going to be a problem as with burpee, all you need is yourself and loads of endurance to keep up. The more you can do in quick successions, the better.
So, are you up to the challenge?
- Start off by lying face down on the floor, palms flat on the ground on each side of your chest, feet straight out, toes touching the ground.
- Push against the floor with your palms until you’re in a push-up position.
- Without taking your hands off the floor, jump inward so that your knees are bent and your feet are right below your torso, as if in squatting position.
- Leap upward as high as you can go, straightening out your limbs, so that both your arms are raised above your head and your feet are off the ground.
- Drop your arms and land on the balls of your feet.
- Go back to the squatting position while planting your palms firmly on the ground.
- Kick your feet back until you’re in a push-up position again.
Have you seen others do burpee differently? Share them with us by leaving your comments below.