You might be thinking that abs diet recipesare “skimpy,” or “tasteless,” or “BORING!” They’re actually not. It really depends on what ingredients you end up using when you prepare your meals.
Think about it…who wouldn’t be bored of tomatoes if they’re ALL you use? Don’t be afraid to experiment a little. A little variety can actually spice up any diet, and a low fat, high protein one is just what you need to get six pack abs.
Check out these 2 quick and easy abs diet recipes that are sure to help you get in shape AND tickle your taste buds:
1. Asian Salad with Tofu and Mushrooms
Soy products, such as tofu, have high protein content. Including tofu in your diet not only provides you with an alternative for your usual protein sources (e.g. chicken, pork, beef), but it is also great for building lean muscle. Take a crack at this awesome Asian-inspired meal.
6 oz. firm tofu, drained and diced
1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ clove garlic, minced
2 cups Napa cabbage, lightly shredded
1 cup bok choy, lightly shredded
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix soy sauce, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl. Pour diced tofu in gently and set aside to marinade for about 10 minutes.
- Place your shredded greens in a serving bowl.
- Drain the tofu and set aside the marinade. In a skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil and sesame oil, then add in your mushrooms, stirring occasionally. After a couple of minutes, add the tofu and let it simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Right before serving, add the marinade into the pan and stir until it slightly warms up. Pour the heated mixture over your salad and toss gently.
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes
Makes 2 servings
2. Chicken and Lentil Soup
Lentils are also very rich in protein. Take note that green lentils cook faster, so if you’re in a hurry yet still crave for a gourmet meal at home, this one’s a keeper. Feel free to add your favorite herbs (e.g. rosemary, dill, thyme).
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 oz. chicken breast, diced
½ cup lentils
1 carrot, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 medium can low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup spinach
preferred herbs, chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan and cook the chicken. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add garlic, carrots, and preferred herbs, then stir for about a minute. Mix in the broth and lentils, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken, lemon juice, and spinach. When it comes to a boil, you’ll know it’s ready.
Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
Makes 1 serving and some leftover
There are countless of abs diet recipes online that are easy to make and actually good for you. Collect as many as you can and start cooking…EATING…to a healthier you.
Add your own abs diet recipe for others to enjoy! Simple leave your comments below.