- Place your barbell next to your exercise bench.
- Lie flat on the inclined exercise bench and hook both your feet underneath the foot pad.
- Reach out for the barbell and hold it up directly above you with both arms, shoulder width apart. Use overhand grips and keep your arms straight at all times.
- Raise your upper body until you’ve reached a 45 degree angle with the bench, push the barbell toward the ceiling while keeping all the weight above your shoulders, and hold that position for a couple of seconds.
- Keep lower back, hips, and thighs in contact with the bench at all times.
Slowly go back down to your original position.
Have you tried this exercise before? Share your experience by sending your comments below.